News

AKA murder trial: Alleged killers linked to business account used to pay hit squad

todayNovember 11, 2025 77 1

Background
share close

Two brothers accused of assassinating award-winning rapper Kiernan ‘AKA’ Forbes and his close friend Tebello ‘Tibz’ Motsoane made their first appearance in a South African court on Tuesday following their extradition from eSwatini.

Siyabonga and Malusi Ndimande appeared before Magistrate Irfaan Khalil in the Durban Magistrate’s Court, with senior state prosecutor Lawrence Gcaba leading the State’s case. The brothers were represented by attorney Sibusiso Dlamini and advocate Cyril Mlotshwa.

“This is the accused’s first appearance in a South African court after their extradition from the Kingdom of eSwatini on a request for a provisional arrest from the authorities in South Africa… There was a request for them to be indicted on three separate matters,” Gcaba said.

KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Police Commissioner Lieutenant General Nhlanhla Mkhwanazi was present in court and told reporters that police were investigating the financial trail linked to the killings.

He revealed that a key figure believed to have coordinated the assassinations had already been identified.

“That person paid the entire group after the job,” Mkhwanazi said. “But he used his bank account to transfer money. That’s a business account that he used. We are investigating further.”

Gcaba told the court that, as part of the extradition process, human rights oversight had been built into the proceedings.

“This is to ensure observance, respect, and protection of the respondents’ human rights,” he said, explaining that individuals from the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) were available throughout the process.”

However, Mlotshwa, raised concerns about access to his clients. “Before the date of the postponement, we will be visiting them in the correctional services facility. However, I wouldn’t know if that security detail will allow us to consult with them privately.”

Magistrate Khalil stressed that the accused were constitutionally entitled to consult with their legal representatives, adding that security protocols would not interfere with that right.

The case was postponed to November 25 to allow the defence team time to consult with the accused.

IOL News

Get your news on the go. Download the latest IOL App for Android and IOS now.

Written by: IOL News

Rate it

Previous post

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo says 2026 World Cup ‘definitely’ his last

Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday said next year's World Cup would be his last as he winds down one of the all-time great careers.The 40-year-old forward, with more than 950 club and international goals, also said he would retire from football in "one or two years"."Definitely, yes," he told a Saudi forum by video link, when asked if 2026 would be his final World Cup. "I'm gonna be 41 […]

todayNovember 11, 2025 37


Magic 828

Magic 828 AM is a South African commercial radio station playing the best of hits from the 80s, 90s and 2000’s

Download Our App

Don’t miss a track or memorable tune. Download the Magic828 App now on your mobile phone by clicking here!

0%