Get 2019 off to a running start
It’s time to kick off 2019 and pick up the pace with Magic Music Radio as we continue the Summer of Magic Marathons! We’re joining Pinelands Athletic Club as their official radio partner for their flagship Hohenort 15km Road Race. Magic is coming out to push you along to the Groove on the Move on the leafy streets of Constantia on Saturday the 19th of January.
Come run the new & improved route through the back streets of the Constantia Valley suburbs, past the area that gives the race it’s name. Starting all the way back in 1975, the race has seen a few changes over the decades, including a move away from the original start at the Hohenort Hotel. The hotel, now known as Cellars-Hohenort Hotel, still features on the route which is described as a tough, hilly, yet scenic course that sees thousands attempt to complete it every year.
This year the race is run in memory of Dave Spence, and R2.00 of every entry fee will be donated to the Woodside Special Care Centre.
Race & Registration Information:
Online entries are open until the 14th of January. Late entries are accepted on the day of the race. Get down to the Registration Desk located at the Christ Church Constantia between 04h45 & 05h45am to enter.
Entry Fee & Info:
- R80 for all entrants
- An additional R50 for all unlicensed runners.
- Runners must be 15 years or older to participate.
Click the button below to register for the Hohenort 15km Road Race on TopEvents.co.za.
Race Start & Finish:
- The Race start is located near the Christ Church Constantia.
- Starting time is 06h00 am
- The Race finish is located at the Alphen Community Centre.
- All runners have 2h30min to complete the race. Cut-off is 08h30 am.
- Cash Prizes for top three places per category in Mens & Womens divisions.
- Open category race winner will receive R1500.
- All other category winners get R800.
- The first 2 500 runners will be given a pair of quality running socks & a race calendar.