Grab your buckets and spades and head to Hout Bay beach on Saturday 9th March 2019 for an action-packed morning filled with sunshine, sandcastles, entertainment and delicious eats and drinks. MAGIC 828 Music Radio will keep you entertained throughout the morning.
Building castles is the order of the day but there are loads of other activities to keep you entertained all morning.
- Dance performers and live music
- Food and drinks stalls to satisfy your every craving
- Celebrity judges to make the difficult decisions
- Magic828″s ‘Groove on the Move’ Van to keep you entertained and informed
- Amazing prizes (Weekends Away, Dinner Vouchers, Beauty Products, Toys and other Goodies) are awarded to winners in each category as selected by celebrity judges.
It’s a perfect way to celebrate family, community and the beauty of Cape Town’s beaches.
Register on the day on the Chapman’s Peak side of Hout Bay beach 9:00am – 10:00am.
The competition is organised by Hout Bay’s Valley Pre-Primary school to raise funds for educational bursaries
- Adults R 50 each
- Children R 30 each
- Corporate Team R 1500 per team (maximum 6 adults per team)
- Brand a plot R 1500 (4x4m)
- Sonwabile Team R 2000 per team (maximum 8 children or 6 adults per team)
- Inter-School Challenge R 500 per team (maximum 8 children per team)
- Professionals R 50 per adult (maximum 6 adults per team)
HOW TO ENTER
- Register on the day (Saturday 9 March, 2019) on the Chapman’s Peak side of Hout Bay Beach
- Registration is at 9:00 am – 10:00am.
- Pay with cash only
- Take your flag and mark your site
- Start building at 10:00am. Building ends at 12:00pm
- Relax, eat and drink while the judges make their decision
- Enjoy the prize-giving and raffle draw between 13:15 pm and 2:30 pm
- Take your children, belongings and litter home with you!
- Leave only your sandy masterpiece and footprints for all to enjoy
- Adult teams may consist of a max. of 6, but minimum of 2 adults.
- Corporate teams may have a max. of 6 team members.
- Family teams may consist of no more than 2 adults and 4 children.
- Children’s teams age 6 – 10 or age 11 to 18 must build without the assistance of adults. Max 6 per team.
- Small children 0 – 5 years must join a family team
- Inter-School teams may only have max 8 children per team
- Professionals max 6 per team.
- Teams will register and be given a numbered, colour coded flag and wristband.
- Teams may start building at 10h00 and must finish by 12h00.
- Only items found in nature (on the beach) may be used as part of the materials and décor of the sandcastle
- Builders may bring buckets, spades, water sprays to assist with building
- Upon completion, each team must plant their flag on top of their castle and stay with the castle until it has been judged.
- Judging of completed castles from 12h00.
- Judging must be completed by 13h00.
- Prize giving will take place approx 13h15.
- Judges will affix a sticker to the flag of each castle once it has been judged.
- Originality of concept out of 10
- Artistic execution out of 10
- Technical difficulty out of 10
- Carving technique out of 10
- Use of space out of 10
The highest total mark out of 50 in each category will decide the winners & runners up! The Judges decision is final.
For further information about registration contact Valley Pre-primary School on 021 790 1540 or email email@example.com