Magic’s Groove on the Move team will be on site bringing the Magic
The SPOOKHILL RUN is trying to be more environmentally friendly: This is a #CarryMyOwn race and plastic free. You are encouraged to bring your own reusable waterbottle or cup to refill at our water tables en route.
Pre-entries 1 April 2019 – Friday 14 June 2019 at 5pm via Quicket
Entries on race day from 6:30 (cash & Snapscan)
Entries limited to 2000 runners. Enter early to book your place.
Entry Fees are not refundable. No substitutions will be allowed.
R20 – 5km
R50 – Temporary licenses
Free entries for runners over 70 years and older
Wheelchair athletes must please contact organisers timeously to discuss arrangements
- Tog bag security facilities will be provided, at own risk. (Please ensure that your bag is clearly labelled.)
- Helderberg Harriers and WPA do not take responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Refreshments will be on sale after the race.
- No gas braais permitted at the venue.
- Eco-friendly Medals to all finishers within cut-off times.
- Coke & water will be available at the finish.
- We encourage all runners to carry their own collapsible cups or small bottles that can be refilled at each station. THERE WILL BE WATER STATIONS AT REGULAR INTERVALS BUT NO PLASTIC SACHETS. A limited amount of cups will be supplied to front runners only.
- Remember to #RunGreen #RunClean #IcarryMyOwn
- No Littering Please. Runners are to use all bins provided at the water stations. Runners are required to dispose of their litter within a “designated area”.
- Athletes who dispose of cups or other litter outside of this designated area shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a warning and/or a fine.RULES
- Licenced athletes must wear 2019 licences on their vests, front & back.
- Entry cards must be in runners’ possession during the race and handed in at the results board at the finish.
- All entrants must be 15 years or older on the day of the race.
- In the 5km FunRun Children under 9 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Time limit for the race is 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Age category tags (e.g. 40 / Junior) must be worn on the front and back of the vest, if runners wish to be eligible for category prizes. Runners should enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age, but may enter a younger category down to senior.
- Temporary licenced runners are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age
- Juniors (born 2000 or later) wearing a senior or junior licence must display category tag (J) to qualify for age group prizes. Juniors will count towards open team prizes.
- CLUB COLOURS must be worn to qualify for TEAM PRIZES.
- Runners must obey marshalls/traffic officials.
- The organisers, sponsors and WPA accept no responsibility for any accident or injury resulting from participation in this event.
- No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
- The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification
- No race numbers will be issued. All registered athletes must wear two valid licence numbers. Unregistered participants must purchase a Temporary licence which must be worn on the front of the vest.
- Temporary licences will be available at registration. When registering, participants must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
- Do Not Litter. This is a MODERN ATHLETE #RunClean and #CarryYourOwn event. Dispose of litter responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees.
- Water will be available at the refill stations.
- Detailed rules are available on the www.wpa.org.za website or on request from the oranisers or the WPA office.