Megan’s No Fuss Rusks
Lockdown has brought South Africans into the kitchen to prepare meals that bring us comfort and remind us of good times. As we come to terms with the ever-changing demands of working from home, and just one more cup of coffee, we’ve turned to snacking – alot! Well, thankfully Megan Edwards has a No Fuss Rusk recipe just for such an occasion.
And now you can make them for your family and share the Magic, together.
8 x cups Cake Flour
9 x tsp Baking Powder
2 x cups Sugar
1x tsp Salt
500g (2 cups) Margarine/Butter
2 x cups Buttermilk
2 x Beaten eggs
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Rub the butter/ margarine into the flour mix until it looks like breadcrumbs
3. Add the sugar and mix well.
4. Wisk the eggs and buttermilk together and add to the flour mix.
5. Place mix into a greased baking pan and press down evenly.
6. Place in oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bake for approximately 1 hour until golden brown.
7. Before cutting into slices leave to cool.
Now for the drying out!!!
8. Place the cut pieces onto a baking tray and place back in the oven on 120 degrees Celsius for around 2-3 hours
P.S. When you make this recipe, remember to tag @Magic828Music and use the #MagicQuarantineCookbook on social media so we can see your pictures. Happy cooking!