Lynita’s Vegan Quick and Easy and Utterly delicious Aubergine Curry
Lockdown has brought many South Africans back into the kitchen to prepare meals that bring us comfort and remind us of the good times. Lynita Crofford is one such person.
This vegan Quick and Easy and Utterly Delicious Aubergine Curry recipe that Lynita has shared is everything it claims to be!
And now you can make it for your family and share the Magic, together.
* 1 aubergine (medium)
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 red onion
* 2 clove garlic
* 1 tsp garam masala powder or curry powder
* 1 tsp turmeric
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tin tomatoes (chopped) (roughly 400g)
* 1 ½ cups coconut milk
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp pepper
* 1 tsp sugar (or 1-2 tbsp mango chutney
* If using rice, cook according to packet instructions.
* Cut the aubergine into small cubes. Fry in a large pan with the olive oil on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir well so it doesn’t burn.
* In the meantime dice the onion and throw it in too. Put it back to medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes.
* Crush or dice the garlic.
* Stir in the garlic, garam masala, turmeric and ground coriander. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring well.
* Pour in the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. Add salt. Simmer for about 15 minutes. The coconut milk thickens so stop cooking when it is at the right consistency for you. Stir in the sugar or mango chutney if you like it a little sweeter.
P.S. When you make this recipe, remember to tag @Magic828Music and use the #MagicQuarantineCookbook on social media so we can see your pictures. Happy cooking!