Entertainment

Trump praises Cristiano Ronaldo at White House dinner, shares son Barron’s admiration

todayNovember 19, 2025 39

Background
share close

Cristiano Ronaldo made an unexpected appearance at the White House dinner hosted by the United States President Donald Trump for Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Tuesday evening.

Although it has not been confirmed whether Ronaldo formed part of the Crown Prince’s official delegation, his presence quickly became one of the most noted moments of the night.

During his remarks, President Trump paused to acknowledge the star striker.

Announcing Ronaldo’s presence in the room, he shared a personal story involving his youngest son, Barron.

Trump said, “You know, my son is a big fan of Ronaldo, wherever Ronaldo is. And Barron got to meet him, and I think he respects his father a little bit more now, just the fact that I introduced you. So I just want to thank you both for being here. Really an honour.”

Ronaldo attended the event with his fiancée, Georgina Rodriguez, and was seated among guests that included entrepreneur Elon Musk and the United States Vice President JD Vance.

Ronaldo wore a black tuxedo for the occasion and moved through the venue, greeting familiar faces.  

A selfie taken during the evening later circulated online, showing Ronaldo alongside Musk, FIFA President Gianni Infantino and Rodriguez inside the White House.

The moment drew attention from football fans and global audiences, especially as Ronaldo rarely appears in political or diplomatic settings.

Ronaldo has spoken publicly about his regard for Trump.

In a recent interview with broadcaster Piers Morgan, he said, “I hope to sit down with him someday because he’s one of those people I really like. I think he can make things happen, and I respect people like that.”

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has developed close ties with the Saudi Crown Prince since joining Al Nassr in 2023 after leaving Manchester United.

His move made him a key figure in the Saudi Pro League, where he has taken on a central role in promoting the league’s ambitions.

Earlier this year, he extended his stay in Riyadh with a new contract, strengthening his connection to the Kingdom’s sporting plans. 

Written by: IOL News

Rate it

Previous post

Drama alert: Relebogile Mothapo stirs the pot in her ‘Skeem Saam’ debut

Entertainment

Drama alert: Relebogile Mothapo stirs the pot in her ‘Skeem Saam’ debut

Mzansi’s favourite soapie, “Skeem Saam”, is opening doors for young talent after the production announced that a new character, Jacqui Monama, portrayed by Relebogile Mothapo, is gracing our screens this week and bringing even more drama.In a statement shared by the soapie on Tuesday, November 18, the 15-year-old shared that being a part of the beloved soapie is a dream come true for her.“I’ve always wanted to tell stories that […]

todayNovember 19, 2025 130


Magic 828

Magic 828 AM is a South African commercial radio station playing the best of hits from the 80s, 90s and 2000’s

Download Our App

Don’t miss a track or memorable tune. Download the Magic828 App now on your mobile phone by clicking here!

0%